Sunday, March 7, 2010

Saturday was a nice day, they had the annual Rumba on the Lumbee festival. Races, walking, carnival and a chili cook off, I rode my bike to the event, 10 miles in all. Love the Garmin.

We are in the process of closing down and selling the plant. They have decided to have another company manufacture sweet potato fries for them, at least for the time being and until we can build sales to over 8 million lbs per year. We shut the freezer off a couple of weeks ago, there is still 200,000 lbs of sweet potato puree in the freezer, shipping it out as fast as I can. I told them that as soon as everything is out of the freezer then I was going home for a week. (I am the last man standing at the plant). They said that would be fine, then; a change in plans, I have to cover a food show for one of the salesman.

They asked me to to provide the batter and help build sales once we get them made. The mission has changed but the objective is the same, sale sweet potato fries.

Last Thursday they asked me if I would go to a Food Show, Monday - Thursday, at the MGM Grand Foxwoods Resort in Ledyard, CT. It is a Bazzuto's Food Show, George does a lot of business with them.
The salesman that was going can't, his mother is in the hospital and the Dr. recommended that he stay home. She is 88.
SO MUCH FOR GETTING TO GO HOME. If not before I will be home for Easter and General Conference.
Monday up a 4:00 am to catch 5:45 flight zowie.

No comments:

Post a Comment